Welcome to the second episode of Calm After The Storm, a podcast that explores various themes of survivorship and how each speaker has thrived. This podcast is hosted by Amy Syed, Founder and CEO of Findyourhcp.com. In today’s episode, we chat with Paul Silva about bullying, alcoholism and his experience in transitioning to a healthier lifestyle. Tune in to get inspired!
- 2:11 – From Chef to Coach: Paul’s career shift
- 3:45 – Being bullied throughout childhood
- 8:40 – Self-medicating with alcohol
- 12:56 – Acknowledging his depression and alcoholism
- 16:42 – A thinking problem, not a drinking problem
- 19:06 – The importance of support
- 21:33 – Finding his voice through writing
- 25:08 – How Paul became a coach
- 30:09 – The gift of being sensitive
- 32:52 – A dedication to alcoholics and addicts
Paul Silva, Paul Silva Coaching, a coach who works with new coaches to help them conquer the overwhelm of starting up a new business. He also works with those who want to cut down or cut out alcohol for good or for now.
Information shared in Calm After The Storm podcast can be graphic in nature. We recommend you review the details of our podcast before tuning in. We appreciate you tuning in and we hope that the story shared with you today is inspirational and helps to get through tough times that you may be facing. For additional information or support, please visit 15minutesaday.ca