Welcome to the first episode of Calm After The Storm, a podcast that explores various themes of survivorship and how each speaker has thrived. This podcast is hosted by Amy Syed, Founder and CEO of Findyourhcp.com, a technical platform that matches healthcare practitioners to employers on demand. In today’s episode, Amy shares her experiences in grief, domestic violence, and terminal cancer with her sister Mehvish Syed, an animal and nature enthusiast who spends her day job cultivating support for cancer research and care at The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation.
- 5:04 – Amy’s childhood, growing up with South Asian descent and losing her father
- 14:32 – Taking on responsibility and being busy as a coping method
- 16:38 – Marriage, pregnancy and abuse
- 23:03 – Navigating through hardship
- 33:35 – How meditation helped her treatment
- 37:04 – Starting a new life and thriving
- 42:43 – Living in the moment, practising gratitude
- 46:02 – Honouring her father and a friend
Amy Syed is a serial entrepreneur who has created other businesses and currently also coaches people who have no time for self-care to create habits and optimize their daily lives via 15minutesaday.ca. She is a speaker and chair of the board of directors at the Period Purse. When she is not working or volunteering, she has 5 beautiful children and a supportive partner with whom she spends her time and energies to grow the future.
Information shared in Calm After The Storm podcast can be graphic in nature. We recommend you review the details of our podcast before tuning in. We appreciate you tuning in and we hope that the story shared with you today is inspirational and helps to get through tough times that you may be facing. For additional information or support, please visit 15minutesaday.ca